Thursday, July 26, 2012

Garlic Chicken Farfalle

It’s been a while since I have posted anything, but I just wanted to share this delicious recipe that I got from Kevin & Amanda Delicious recipes to spice up your dinner rotation. 

This really is one of the best new recipes that I have tried, and believe me it’s a keeper! It is so full of flavor, I just can’t get enough of it.

16 oz. Farfalle pasta
1 c. heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed OR garlic salt (I do a spoonful of crushed garlic)
1 Tbsp. pepper*
1/2 c. butter
1 lb. bacon, crumpled**
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice

**I followed the suggestion on Kevin & Amanda’s blog to cook my bacon in the oven at 400° for about 30 minutes. it is so much easier and less of a mess to clean up after. Of course I line the cookie sheet with foil to make it even easier.

[ directions ]

Crock pot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (I pull it apart). Set this aside. About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.

becky higgins garlic chicken farfalle recipe blog

There you have it, an easy and super yummy meal that the whole family will love!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment