Sunday, January 20, 2013

Flare up or not?

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I stood up and had a rather painful twinge in my lower back/pelvis. If I stood up straight or moved a certain way it would spasm. I went on to bed thankful that the next morning I had an appointment with my chiropractor. When I woke up I couldn't even roll over to get myself out of bed (had to use my cell to call my daughter down the hall to come help me) Once I finally made it out of bed, I could hardly walk due to the spasms. Let me explain exactly how it was...my lower back, SI joints and across the back of my pelvis was in a constant state of spasm and if I barely moved the wrong way it would cause a labor like spasm that knocked my legs out from under me. I thought it was wise to use my cane, which I have never had to use before. I got to the Chiropractor, made it through the VERY painful adjustment. After I was FINALLY able to get off the table, low and behold it was worse. Even using the cane I was barely able to put one foot in front of the other. I made it home and thought I would be able to pull my walker out from under the bed. What was I thinking? In the process of getting it out, I fell over. Oh my lord the pain was horrendous! So there I was, laying in the fetal position on the floor, unable to get myself up (all I was thinking was “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”) every little move caused such severe pain . Through my tears and screams, I finally got up.

Once again I called my daughter and she came home to get my walker out. Bless her heart, she was so confused by it all. I’ve always had an awful back but it has never been so bad that I couldn’t walk. I spent most of  the day in tears from the pain and frustration. It literally took me 15-20 mins from the time I started to get out of my recliner to make it to the bathroom and back. I slept in my recliner, which was really the only relief I got from the pain. I am now back in bed with my husband, thank goodness. I thought I was on the mend until the other day, I barely leaned to the side and it felt like lightning hit my SI joint and shot down my leg and up my spine. Well there went my sciatic nerve! So for days now I have been dealing with the right side of my butt being tight, plus spasms again if I move the wrong way, a painful leg and a foot that feels like it’s been shot up with Novocain. As of yesterday, the left side of my jaw has been hurting. I haven’t done anything to it, it feels like I have been sitting at the dentist with my mouth propped open for hours.

I guess the big question I want answered is…Is this an MS flare up or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment