Monday, August 1, 2011

Bye bye tonsils, Oy Vey!

Well I guess Thursday is the big day, I am getting my tonsils removed and my uvula shortened. I know, it sounds like way too much fun. I’m not looking forward to it at all. I am terrified of the pain afterwards, but I am hoping that in the long run it will fix my breathing and swallowing issues, especially when I’m sleeping. We went back and forth about whether or not I should have it done, mainly because of finances. Like I don’t already have enough medical bills. It was piling up before all of the testing for MS, why not add more to it? Oh health insurance, why do you suck so?

I get the feeling that there won’t be enough popsicles and sherbet to make me feel better.  I hear that this is a very painful surgery for adults, so am I thrilled to have it done? Absolutely not! So don’t be surprised when you all have to listen to me bitch and moan for a few weeks. My poor husband, I guess this will prove just how much he loves me, lol.

4 comments:

  1. Go ahead moan roan and bitch and after your better let me know if he's diamond or a lump of coal.LOL
    I hope you will share how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your speedy recovery. Try to focus on the sherbet!!! I love that stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary- I'm sure he will be a diamond. He's pretty wonderful :)

    Ash- don't worry, I will be eating lots of yummy sherbet. So nervous though, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very glad! I'm sure you'll find a way to thank him for being a diamond. As you go through a ruff spot;-)
    It's understandable being nervous it not like you've done this before. This is when faith comes in handy. Mary

    ReplyDelete