Friday, August 5, 2011

Day Two Post Op

So it’s day two post tonsillectomy/uvulectomy and I’m feeling pretty good. My throat isn’t really sore at all, I’m rather annoyed by the swelling of the uvula area. If that’s as bad as it get’s then I can’t complain at all. I haven’t been sleeping well because of the swelling, but I have been able to eat scrambled eggs, pancakes and mac n cheese so at least I’m not starving. Drinking on the other hand has proved to be a bit challenging. It feels like it is trying to go up my nose, lol.

I’m sure the fact that I have been keeping up with my meds has made a tremendous difference. I can take my Ibuprofen and Roxicet (liquid Percocet) every four hours so I take the Roxicet and 2 hours after that I take the Ibubrofen. So every two hours I am taking meds, plus my amoxicillin every 12. I feel like that’s all I do is take meds.

I thought about posting a photo with this blog but I figured you all didn’t want to be grossed out by the disgusting gunk in the back of my throat. Apparently my tonsils were quite large according to what the doctor said and according to the gigantic holes in the back of my throat. All and all I am doing good so far, keep your fingers crossed for me .

No comments:

Post a Comment