Sunday, August 28, 2011

Walk MS:2011

I have been suffering with MS symptoms for about 5 years and was officially diagnosed on May 25, 2011. Everyday is a surprise, I never know what each day will bring. Some days I feel ok and others I struggle to function. I have now started doing injections three times a week that is supposed to slow down the progression of this disease. With taking these injections come the flu like symptoms afterwards, that's why I "Walk". For the days I can't remember what I did or said the day before, I "Walk". For the times that my legs fails me, I "Walk". For my family and my quality of life, I "Walk". Because there is no cure, I "Walk". Please help me and others like me to continue to "Walk".
My goal is to raise $1,000.00 before the Walk on September 18. Being diagnosed with MS has changed my life and my family's lives forever. There is NO cure for MS, that's why your donations are so important. The more money raised for the National MS Society, the more research they can continue to do to find a cure for this debilitating disease.
 
So please, even if you are not doing the Walk, please find it in your heart to donate to Team Laws. Every little bit helps, so even if you can only afford $5, $10 or $20, it helps! Passing this message along to others on your friends list would also be helpful. Please donate at: Team Laws
With this disease it is so easy to throw in the towel, and that is the worst thing we can do. - Teri Garr

No comments:

Post a Comment