Monday, June 27, 2011

Medicine vs Herbs

I have been reading on the Patients Like Me forum, which I highly recommend,  about Curcumin and it has sparked my interest. It is supposed to block the progression of MS, and hey, I'm all for that. Considering that I am the daughter of an Herbalist I have witnessed what herbs can do for people. For some reason I just don't want to start taking any of the Interferons quite yet. I think I will try Alpha Lipoic AcidTurmeric (which is where the Curcumin comes from), Omega Oil, Vitamin D3 with K2 Sublingual,  FerroFood (Iron with a glandular proprietary of bovine and porcine, along with Vit.C and B12), cross my fingers and hope for a miracle. I know there is no cure for MS, but I can do whatever I can to slow down the progression of it and to help myself feel better.
I would love to be able to get back into working out a little bit. I could really stand to lose some weight, besides that, it is very important to stay active. It's been about 10 years ago since I've worked out and I loved doing it back then. I know I wouldn't be able to do even 1/3 of what I could do back then, but to just get on the bike and do some light weights would feel good. Right now my body is so sore and getting up out of a chair is painful. Maybe after starting these herbs I will be able to move about a bit more easily.

1 comment: