Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What If’s, Here and Now

I feel like I had a fairly productive day yesterday. I filed a complaint with the North Carolina Medical Board against Dr. Jeffery and I contacted an attorney. Crossing my fingers that when the attorney reads my information, he will decide that I have a malpractice suit. Whether it is the doctor that is directly responsible or another staff member that was supposed to call me. SOMEONE needs to be held accountable for not informing me that I have MS. I also called Wellmont Bristol Regional Medical Center to get a copy of the second MRI that supposedly caused him to diagnose the MS. Now I have to wait until they send me the release form to sign, then send it back to them,  so they will in return send me the MRI Disc.  I still can’t believe how irresponsible this doctor was. When I filed my complaint, I looked to see if he had any other complaints filed against him and he hasn’t. I guess I was just the lucky one that he screwed over.

It really makes me wonder how much better I could have been feeling for all these years if I would have been doing therapy. Maybe I wouldn’t have been having so much back pain, and had all the tingly in my legs and muscle weakness. The best thing  would be,  maybe I wouldn’t feel so stupid by forgetting words or getting so tongue tied when I speak. I just can’t believe this shit! I guess I can sit here and think about all the “what if’s” instead of the “here and now” and get nowhere, or I can focus on getting treatment now and taking care of myself. I have the rest of my life to battle against this disease, so taking it one day at a time is all I can do I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. This is great news!!! Keep us posted on how this part of your story turns out. I hope that doctor looses his medical license FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete